V3.3.0 Beta released 23rd December 2014
V3.2.12 released 17th March 2011
- Fixed typo in usage message(!). Expanded SGA -> Suppress Go Ahead.
- Stopped WSOCK_PutHost() from doubling 0xFF codes when in binary-mode.
- Add emulator tester for internal use only.
- Added 'Run after installation' option to the installer.
- Added support for new line attributes - DW/DH character widths and heights.
- Added 'Popup on I/O' menu. Added code to minimize window, wait for I/O activity, then restore the window.
- Fixed manifest app name, description, version and GUI styling.
- Added 'Paste' item to the pop-up menu.
- Added code to remember the last tab selected on the 'Settings' dialog.
- Added code to eat 'ESC[m' sequences (Linux). Added 'Unix Termcap Workround' checkbox to the 'Attributes' panel.
- Migrated to MinGW for development.
V3.2.11 released 30th March 2010
- Removed the programmable key validation allowing characters > 0x7F to be set remotely.
V3.2.10 released 3rd March 2010
- Fixed long-standing awkwardness with command-line supplied configuration file path.
V3.2.9 released 22nd February 2009
- Added a Tx character pacing option to the serial-ports.
V3.2.8 released 18th April 2008
- Increased size of the paste buffers to 60K (from 16K).
- Updated URL's to point to the new website.
V3.2.7 released 15th April 2008
- Added Binary Session option to the comms dialog. When checked, the Telnet session is forced into binary mode. If unchecked, the server must initiate switching to binary mode.
- Added -b/--nobinary command-line option to completely disable binary session negotiation.
V3.2.5 released 31st October 2007
- Added -T, /T, --title command-line option to allow setting a custom title.
- Fixed bug when clearing un-write-protected lines, columns and regions in Wyse55+ mode (Thanks Steve!).
V3.2.4 released 6th October 2007
- Crashing bug-fix to the 'hosts' parser when showing the Connect dialog (Thanks Todd!).
V3.2.2 released 11th September 2007
- Added 'Add' and 'Delete All' menu items to the top of the paste buffer drop-list.
- Added a pop-up sub-menu shown when right-clicking on a paste buffer drop-list item.
- Pop-up sub-menu has 'Edit', 'Delete' and 'Rename' items operating on an individual paste buffer.
- Added various support dialogs for the new paste buffer features.
- Paste buffer reload button now obsolete, but still present. The paste buffer drop-list menu scans for files before appearing.
- Handle '&' characters correctly in the drop-list menu item strings.
V3.2.1 released 30th August 2007
- Changed the 'Sound' checkbox into a drop-list with Off/System/Internal sound settings. Enabling use of the internal loud-speaker.
V3.2.0 released 9th May 2007
- Added 'Paste-Buffers' toolbar buttons: Reload and a drop-list Paste button.
- Added mouse-wheel support to the scroll-back buffer scrollbar.
- Fixed scrollbar thumb reset when window is resized or minimized.
- Added Toolbar customization. Layout is stored with the other settings.
- Fixed (possible) MRUList bug.
V3.1.10 released 11th November 2006
- ALT-F4 closes the Wiseterm.
- Added 'Protect Sequence' attribute to the programmable keys. When checked the key cannot be cleared or programmed by the server.
- Server originated programmable key sequences that contain characters >127 are handled, but then ignored.
- Changed the default function key sequences to include the terminating <CR>. This breaks earlier user-defined function key sequences as a terminating <CR> is no longer automatically appended.
V3.1.9 released 10th November 2006
- Fix for 'box' characters on the status-line and key-labels in 132-column mode.
V3.1.2 released 11th February 2006
- New-style settings files are always loaded from:
'C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Wiseterm\'.
This includes the 'WY55.WTX' and 'WISETN32.INI' files which will be copied to the new location, along with the phone-list, when upgrading Wiseterm.
- When migrating settings, Wiseterm finds the location of the phone-list from the settings file. If the phone-list exists, it is copied into the new settings directory. The phone-list path in the copied settings file then has the path component removed.
- When a simple filename is used for the phone-list and the logfile, the new settings directory is used as the base.
- Licence information is now additionally written to two locations in the registry: \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wiseterm and \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wiseterm under the value name 'UserInfo'.
- Changed phonelist default to be a simple filename like the logfile.
- Fix button positioning on ErrMsgBox.
- Added getopt-style command-line arguments. Added Version, Help and Usage messages displayed in a dialog-box. Preserved old-style /P and /V usage.
- Added --nonaws, --noauth, --notermtype, --nosga, --wy50, --wy60 and a set of single character equivalents.
- Fixed a bug which caused a command-line hostname to fail to connect.
- Made the error message-box wider and added a mono-spaced font mode.
- Implemented "The Q Method Of Implementing Telnet Option Negotiation" See RFC1143 for details.
- Support for AUTHENTICATION, ECHO, Suppress Go Ahead (SGA), Negotiate About Window Size (NAWS) and general SB/SE blocks.
- The Telnet IAC handler now sends complete, Ethereal friendly, Telnet command packets.
- Added a scrollback buffer and scrollbar.
- Copy/Print commands changed so that they Copy/Print what is currently being displayed.
- Added ALT-Up, ALT-Down, ALT-PgUp, ALT-PgDn, ALT-Home and ALT-End scrollbar keyboard shortcuts.
- Added 'Scrollback' setting on 'Display' tab which sets the number of lines of scrollback buffer.
- Added 'Reset Scrollback' option. When checked, re-positions scrollbar if there is display activity.
- Added 'DNSLookup' setting on 'Comms' tab. When unchecked, doesn't convert an IP address to hostname.
- Removed support for loading fonts in the application directory.
- The new installer puts the 'linedraw.ttf' font in the system fonts folder if permitted.
- Added 'Ignore Linedraw' option on the 'Display' settings tab to hide the "Warning! Font: 'MS LineDraw' not found." message.
- Added 'Reset List...' to the 'Telnet' menu option. Deletes MRU entries, after a confirmation dialog.
- Telephone numbers up to 31 characters in length are now supported.
- Added VERSIONINFO. Right-click on the executable, and select 'Version' tab.
- Wiseterm window is now forced to be completely within the current work-area.
- Added text on Registration dialog referring user to our website.
- Added Website and Register menu items to the Help menu. Register menu item hidden if registered.
- Added Search item to the Help menu and a Search link to the docs uses off-line 'Zoom' search engine.
V3.1.0 released 6th October 2005
- Fixed socket bug regarding unread data when socket closed (again!).
- Added support for 7-bit National Replacement Characters (NRC).
- Fixed bugs in escaped string handling (Thanks Michael!).
- Enforced 7-bit handling for programmable key sequences.
V3.0.11 released 27th September 2005
- Added Keyboard Settings Dialog allowing the programmable keys to be set and remembered.
- Fixed settings change detection. Previously, settings assumed changed if OK clicked.
- Detects the maximum available COM port. COM1-4 always available.
- Added cancel button to 'Settings Changed' dialog.
- Fixed bug where settings drop-lists were being filled without being cleared.
- Fixed bug if US spelling checked. "Recognise" <--> "Recognize".
- Fixed string codec so that it supports '^~' (0x1E) and '^?' (0x7F) sequences.
V3.0.7 released 2nd May 2005
- Fixed ESCj scrolling bug.
- Change nag-ware timeouts to be less annoying.
- Fixed socket bug. Unread data in buffer was lost when socket was closed.
- Fixed missing cursor-home bug in ESCx0. (Thanks Brian!)
- Fixed message-field maximum length. Varies with emulation mode and width.
- Fixed status-line drawing code position and number of characters.
- Fixed maximum lengths of Keylabel fields. Varies with emulation mode and width.
- Added transparent print mode. Eats all characters between CTRL-X and CTRL-T
- Added ESCd# transparent print mode on.
- Added 'Short Key Definitions' attribute option. Quirk emulation.
- Added 'Debug Emulation' attribute option. Helps debug missing emulation features.
V3.0.6 released 22nd October 2004
- Improvement in performance.
- 'About' box Email link starts the default email client when clicked.
- 'About' box Web link starts the default web-browser when clicked.
V3.0.5 released 1st September 2004
- Added 'Backspace as DEL' option to 'Features' menu.
- Fixed "Help|Contents..." HTML documentation menu item.
- Fixed top two MRU items in 'Telnet' menu.
- Fixed minor memory leak.
V3.0.4 released 14th November 2003
- Using new NSIS 2.0 installer.
V3.0.3 released 10th November 2003
- Passing a name from the phone book or a telephone number on the command-line dials.
- Added new 'Reset Terminal' option to popup menu (same as ALT-F3).
- Added toolbar button 'Disconnect' (equivalent to the menu option).
- Added toolbar button 'Reset' (equivalent to the popup menu option).
- Added four user-defined toolbar buttons that act like function keys.
- Updates to documentation. Added page describing local keyboard commands.
V3.0.2 released 3rd November 2003
- Added 'Edit' button to About-box and new dialog to edit Email and Web Details.
- About-box 'Licenced to:' field is now double-height to accomodate longer UserID strings.
V3.0.1 released 27th October 2003
- Added UK/US language detection and customisation.
- Added support for configuring the Modem Command strings.
- Added the possibility of customising the About box Web and Email fields.
V3.00 released 18th October 2002
- Changed version number format to N.N.N.
- Keylock no longer prevents ALT-F3 reset.
- Settings now initialised correctly even if settings file isn't found.
- Settings dialogs now correctly initialised. Removed bogus 16-bit casts.
- Added Misc. setting for phone-book path and filename.
- Added warning messages if the phone book can't be located.
- Installer no longer ships with default configuration file.
- Various updates to the supplied documentation.
- Tries to choose 'Courier New' or 'Fixedsys' font on first run.
- Sizes window to fit in work-area on first run.
V2.04a released 27th February 2000
- Updated the source to cpp and win32 standards.
- Fixed nasty font resource leak when resizing.
- Added serial-port support with extra settings panels and dynamic menus.
- Added a 'Settings...' option to the pop-up menu.
- Reintroduced the keylock/unlock commands, but added a 'features' option that prevents them from actually locking the keyboard.
- Added an ALT-F3 terminal function that resets the terminal: clears screen, shows cursor, homes cursor, unlocks keyboard.
- Added modem dialer and phone-book.
- Added a hassle-timer to annoy freeloaders.
- Terminal beep is now mapped to "Default sound".
- Implemented paste command. Arbitrarily large chunks of text can be pasted into the keyboard buffer.
- Paste button on toolbar.
- Added Alt-C (Copy), Alt-V (Paste) and Alt-P (Print) accelerators.
V2.04 released 17th October 1999
- HTML help modified to work with Netscape browsers.
- Now works with keyboard layouts other than Language : English (United States) and Layout : British.
- Displays characters codes > 127.
- Character map key sequences now functional e.g. ALT+0174 gives ®.
- Printing now works reliably.